Sil Industrial Minerals Glass Beads are formulated of chemically inert soda-lime glass to produce a metallurgically clean surface for parts and equipment. The benefit is a glass bead that rates higher on the MOHS hardness scale and lasts longer.
• 20kg (44lb) bags, 40 bags/pallet
- Cleaning: Impact from the beads removes foreign substances from the base surface without dimensional change leaving a metallurgically clean surface.
- Finishing: A finer, smoother non-glare finish is achieved with small beads, while larger beads produce a more textured finish. Blend away surface defects. Improves the corrosion resistance of the finished surface.
- Deburring: Remove burrs, feathered edges and nicks from tools, equipment and parts. No base metal is removed from the surface.
- Peening: Create a uniform surface layer of compressive stress, which acts to combat stress cracks and corrosion. No metallic contamination on the workpiece
- Colour: Clear
- Grain Shape: Spherical
- Hardness, Mohs: 5
- Bulk Density: 156 lb/ft³
- Specific Gravity: 2.45-2.50
- Compressive Strength: 36,000 psi (avg.)