MaxxBlast is a staurolite mineral containing less than 1% crystalline silica. Its hardness and grain size make it ideal for new steel and mill scale removal. The advantages as an abrasive include greater visibility; rounded, sub-angular and dense grains produce faster cleaning rates and reduced embedment. Its moderately high Mohs’ hardness and chemical inertness makes MaxxBlast ideal for many applications.
• 30kg bags, 50 bags/pallet
• 3700lb Bulk Bags
- Cleans a wide range of substrates from steel bridges, ships, tanks and aluminum.
- Suitable for most foundry mold applications.
- MaxxBlast can also be used as a filler replacing clay and iron in Portland cement.
- Colour: Dark Reddish Brown
- Grain Shape: Angular
- Bulk Density (loose): Approximately 130 lb./cu.ft.
- Bulk Density (compacted): Approximately 142 lb/cu.ft.
- Hardness, Mohs: 7 – 7.5
- Specific Gravity: 3.7 – 3.8
- Solubility: Insoluble