- Sil Industrial Minerals Bunker Sand – is a sub-angular grain of crystalline silica with a hardness and uniformity that is far superior to local river or masonry sands.
- Sil Industrial Minerals Bunker Sand is mined, washed, sized and screened under our ISO 9001:2015 Quality Assurance Program. Both feed stock and final products are processed through our modern Bruderheim Plant using the latest industrial sand processing technology. The result is chemical purity, minimal clays and organic contaminants with a consistent uniform particle size distribution. Bruderheim’s naturally occurring quartz sand offers excellent playability and superior drainage characteristics. The grain size and shape makes the sand resistant to movement and wind erosion while offering excellent fried-egg lie development. Its light brown colour provides a very desirable contrast with surrounding turf. Sil’s customers can expect a golf bunker sand, which meets all your required applications.
• Bulk (Tandems, End Dumps, Truck & Pup Wagons)
- Colour: Light Brown, Tan
- Grain Shape: Sub-Angular
- Hardness, Mohs: 6+
- Bulk Density: 99-101 lb/ft³
- Specific Gravity: 2.65-2.67
- Moisture Content: <1% weight