Sodium Bicarbonate (Soda) – is a blast media that is utilized in soda blasting, which is a type of abrasive blasting. It is considered to be much gentler on the substrate than regular abrasive blasting medias.
• 50lb bags, 56 bags/pallet
- Sodium bicarbonate media is utilized for cleaning and stripping where a softer abrasive is required to prevent damage to the substrate or media needs be water soluble. Some of the surface materials or contaminants typically removed effectively by the soda blast media are paint, powder coating, grease, carbon, asphalt, dirt and graffiti.
- Excellent for removing of mold and smoke damage as it is a natural deodorizer.
- Sodium Bicarbonate is a non-toxic, non-hazardous, water soluble media that eliminates the many problems associated with waste clean-up; in fact, it may be beneficial as a a buffering agent during the waste water treatment process.
- Very soft at 2.5 on the Mohs hardness scale
- 100% silica free
- Water soluble