[bellows config_id="main" menu="14"]
Sil Industrial Minerals Blasting Sands are sub-angular grain, silica sand with a hardness and uniformity superior to common or local river sands. All Sil Blasting Sands are mined, washed, sized, dried and screened under our ISO Quality Assurance Program. Both feed stock and final products are processed using the latest industrial sand processing technology. The result is chemical purity, minimal clay and adhesion impairing contaminants with a consistent, uniform particle size distribution.
- 22.7kg (50lb) paper bags, 70 bags/pallet
- 40kg (88lb) paper bags, 42/pallet
- 1.7 tonne (3700lb) Bulk Bags
- Sil Industrial Minerals Blasting Sand is suitable for most grit blasting operations on metal surfaces. The sub-angular shapes of individual particles of Sil Blasting Sand make this product ideal for the efficient removal of mill scale, rust or existing coatings from steel and other metals in preparation for painting.
- Colour: Light Brown, Tan
- Grain Shape: Sub-Angular
- Hardness, Mohs: 6+
- Bulk Density: 99-101 lb/ft³
- Specific Gravity: 2.65-2.67
- Moisture Content: <1% weight