[bellows config_id="main" menu="15"]
Black Beauty is an abrasive grit prepared by selective screening of coal slag to give a series of clean, sharp abrasives meeting the requirements of the abrasive blast cleaning industry. The product meets the requirements for classification SSPC-AB-1 and U.S. Military Specification MIL-A-22262B (SH). Black Beauty abrasive also passes California Title 17 (CARB), 40CFR 261.24a (TCLP).
- 22.7kg (50lb) paper bags, 70 bags/pallet
- 40kg (88lb) paper bags, 42/pallet
- 1.7 tonne (3700lb) Bulk Bags
- Black Beauty is suitable for most grit blasting operations on metal surfaces. The angular and sub-angular shapes of individual particles of Black Beauty make this product ideal for the efficient removal of mill scale, rust or existing coatings from steel and other metals in preparation for coating.
- The low crystalline silica content (0.1 % free silica) of Black Beauty is a significant factor in situations where the use of silica sand blasting abrasives is not acceptable for environmental or safety reasons.
- Colour: Black
- Grain Shape: Angular, Sharp
- Hardness, Mohs: 6 – 7
- Bulk Density: 75 – 100 lb/ft³
- Specific Gravity: 2.73
- Moisture Content: <0.5% weight